We recognize that our staff, resident’s families, and volunteers are concerned about the spread of Influenza and COVID-19 (the new coronavirus) and how it may impact us here at Wentworth Home. We’ve come up with a quick guide that aims to dispel any questions, concerns or rumors that you may have heard regarding the flu and/or COVID-19.
Ensuring our staff and residents are in a safe and healthy environment is our first priority. At this time, there are no reported cases of Coronavirus in the Dover area. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have recommended a variety of steps that we are implementing to help reduce the potential for the virus to enter our building.
However, we need your help in battling COVID-19 and the Flu.
Below are the precautionary measures that we have put in place, effective immediately, while we continue to monitor the situation:
- At this time, we are restricting visiting hours to Monday – Friday 8:00am through 4:00pm. We are limiting any visitation on the weekends to families of residents who receive Hospice care. Out of an abundance of caution, we are requesting that any family member or visitor who is experiencing any symptoms of respiratory illness or flu, regardless of travel history, refrain from visiting Wentworth Home. These symptoms include: cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose, and/or shortness of breath.
- We are requiring all visitors to sign-in when entering our home with their name, time of visit, contact information and answering health screen questions before they visit their family member. We are posting signs on our entryway doors to notify visitors of this policy and actively screening individuals, including staff, who need to come into the building. A staff member will be available to assist you if you have any questions. We are also requiring handwashing and/or using hand sanitizer upon entering Wentworth Home.
- In order to enforce the above temporary policies, our doors will remain locked at all times. If you are able, please call ahead and notify nursing that you will be visiting and the time of your visit. If you are unable to call ahead, please ring the doorbell, and a staff member will be with you shortly.
- We will curtail volunteers, entertainment, etc. until further notice. We are complying with local, state and federal advice and precautions.
- We are also requesting that guests refrain from joining our residents for meals at this time. If you have any questions, please reach out to me.
- Our staff is complying with all precautionary measures that we have put in place. We have created a “Flu & Covid-19 Response Plan” that will be located in our nursing office if you have any questions.
- Our Maintenance & Housekeeping staff is working diligently to disinfect and sanitize surfaces, both public and private throughout Wentworth Home.
- Please make sure we have your most current, emergency contact information. We want to make sure we efficiently communicate with you should there be any new developments. Please reach out to myself, Karen Dionne, or Samantha James with your updated contact information.
- If you are leaving Wentworth Home with your family member for lunch or other activities, we request that you follow the CDC’s contact precautions.
We will notify you if any resident or staff member is diagnosed with the flu or COVID-19. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Karen Dionne, Resident Care Supervisor and Infection Control Officer, or Kirstin Swanson, Administrator.
Thank you for your help in the safeguarding of your own health and the health of our residents! Our hope is that these temporary, progressive precautionary measures will keep our residents, family members and staff healthy and safe.
Kirstin Swanson, Administrator